You have been dreaming of your destination wedding and you know exactly what you want. Maybe it’s a place you’ve visited a hundred times together through the years. Or its a location that you and your fiancé have heard great things about from friends. Maybe its a place you’ve always wanted to visit and you’ve decided to have your special day there! Wherever the location may be, here are some tips for destination wedding planning.
As a destination wedding photographer, I love destination wedding planning because the possibilities are endless! Once you decide where to get married, you will want to get to know the local area. Do your research and ask locals you may know about which restaurants are the best, what activities are unique to the location and what type of wedding options are available.
Once you have your location picked out, you will want to begin the search for your destination wedding vendors! Depending on whether you are wanting to elope, or have a big celebration, will determine the type of vendors you will need. However, these are my top five wedding vendors for every wedding!
- Venue. Always book your venue first! Wedding venues can book out years in advance. Especially when destination wedding planning, make sure your venue is booked before making plans with any other vendors.
- Destination Wedding Photographer. You are about to make some once in a lifetime memories! You need to have a professional wedding photographer to document every memory. From getting ready, to running off into the night, you deserve to have every moment documented!
- Officiant. Find a local officiant of bring a friend who is ordained. Other than the bride and groom, the officiant is the most important person at a wedding, because without them you can’t get married.
- Wedding Dress. Every bride deserves a stunning dress, even those who are traveling across the world for their wedding. Have the full bridal experience at a bridal boutique and then travel with your wedding dress to your destination.
- Florist. Without a wedding bouquet you may just feel like a pretty girl in a pretty dress. Look for a local florist that can make you a simply stunning bouquet to bring out the bridal look!
The best way to have your destination wedding planning pay off is to look back at your wedding photos often! And the easiest way to do this is by creating an heirloom album with your wedding photographer. This will serve you now as you share these memories with family and friends who visit. As well as later as you flip through the pages with your future generations.
Destination wedding planning should be made simple. And with these planning tips you will be headed in the right direction as you start to plan the best day of your life! Still need a destination wedding photographer? Reach out, my passport is ready!